Bell & Ross BR-X1 : a new icon ?
by Guillaume V - 16/10/2014
Bell & Ross unveiled yesterday evening during an event organised at the Invalides, in Paris, its “new generation” timepiece: the BR-X1. It combines robustness, lightness and functionality.
Launched 10 years ago (already!), the famous square watch from Bell & Ross - with four models already existing in this range : BR-01, BR-03 and BR-S - gets a makeover this year with the new BR-X1 - a luxurious and advanced timepiece.
The grade 5, 45 mm titanium case is “encircled” by a state-of-the-art ceramic and rubber ring which acts as a buffer against knocks. The chronograph features rocker push buttons - also made of state-of-the-art ceramic and rubber - ensuring outstanding grip and solidity. The exclusive Dubois-Dépraz chronograph movement powering the BR-X1 features a black, DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coated superior bridge: a signature element in the brand’s timepieces.
An extreme of the square range of the brand, the BR-X1 represents a new milestone in the history of the Swiss-French brand Bell & Ross.
The 250 available parts ensure exclusive access to future owners. However, for those who always want more : a retail edition might be available in the future featuring an exclusive, red coated glass.
Bell & Ross BR-X1
- Grade 5 titanium, ceramic and rubber, 45 mm square case
- Rocker push buttons
- Solid case back with round opening at the position of the balance wheel
- Anti-reflective sapphire glass
- Clear, smoked glass dial, baton indexes, skeleton Superluminova-coated hands
- Exclusive Dubois-Dépraz chronograph caliber
- Black rubber strap, titanium steel pin buckle
- Water-resistante < 100 m
- Recommended Retail Price for France (october 2014)* = 15,000 euros